If you’ve recently received a traffic ticket, and are unable to make the payment by visiting the court here is an easy and convenient way to make the payment in a few seconds. Visit the New Jersey Municipal court portal to make the payments securely without the need of appearing at the court.
Important Instructions :
– The payments must be made before the due date to avoid an Issue of the warrant. Or it could Suspend Driver’s license if not impose additional fines.
-The court must be notified within 3 days, should there be any address change.
-If the payment cannot be made on time, the court must be informed in writing or via phone.
-Except for a parking ticket, a record of the conviction will be sent to the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) that issued your license. Effective September 30, 2005, if you hold a commercial driver’s license and you are convicted of two or more serious traffic violations, the MVC may depending on your record, suspend your commercial driving privileges even if the violations were committed in a non-commercial motor vehicle.
To make the payment online, you need :
- – Good internet connection
- -Parking or Traffic Ticket.
- -License plate number.
- -Payment can be made using Credit/Debit card.
Instructions to make the payment :
– Click here to visit the NJMC’s website directly.
– Click on ‘Continue’.
– Enter the ‘Court ID’ in the first column followed by ‘Ticket Prefix’, ‘Ticket Number’ and ‘License Plate Number’ in the adjacent columns.
– In the next page, you will find two options-
- View NJMCDirect Ticket and 2.Process NJMCDirect Ticket Payment.
– You can choose either of the options based on your need.
– The second option leads you to the payment portal.
– The ticket fine can be paid using a Credit card or Debit Card (VISA or MasterCard).
If you do not know your ticket number or to perform a case search you can visit the Municipal Court Case Search website by clicking here.
The payment can also be made in person at the court, or you can mail a check or Money order.
Online Payment Hours:
Payments can be made on this website during the following hours:
- Mon – Thurs 7:30AM – 11:45PM (EST)
- Fri 7:30AM – 10:45PM (EST)
- Sat 7:30AM – 3:45PM (EST)
- Sun 1:00PM – 11:45PM (EST)
About NJMC :
It is through the Municipal Courts that most citizens in the State come into contact with the judicial system, either as a defendant, a victim, or a witness. Since most citizens will never appear before another court, it is from their experience in the Municipal Courts that most people base their conclusions about the quality of justice in New Jersey. The Municipal Courts in New Jersey are considered courts of limited jurisdiction, having responsibility for motor vehicle and parking tickets, minor criminal-type offenses (for example, simple assault and bad checks), municipal ordinance offenses (such as dog barking or building code violations) and other offenses, such as fish and game violations. A Municipal Court usually has jurisdiction only over cases that occur within the boundaries of its municipality.
Many serious criminal cases, such as robbery, auto theft, or assault, start out as complaints filed in the Municipal Court but those cases are transferred to the Superior Court located at the county courthouse.
We hope the post was helpful in making the payment to NJMC using their official website. For further inquiries, you can use the comments section below.